Monday, April 27, 2009

The Drive

Through the course of my life I have tried to walk away from my creative impulses many times or tried to ignore my obvious calling, or just plain had to. Ten years ago I gave in to it for the last time and devoted my life to chasing the muse. I studied and worked in photography and thought that it would be enough to appease my creative appetite and quench my artistic desires. However, artists are insatiable and always covet growth. A year ago I gave in to the urge to put brush to canvas and have been working in acrylics since. I still work in photography but feel myself increasingly lured
to the palette and the rapture of painting.
This time it feels right, it feels like home and it is for keeps.

I have come to terms with the fact that

as artist’s we create because we can’t not create.
For me the creative process is something that
disconnects me from the world I know and takes me
to a level that I don’t fully understand,
but continually seek to be a part of.

1 comment:

Pandora Rose said...

Glad to see you are out here blogging, sir. :)

Inspiring images and thoughtful words.

Send H. my love.

-P